DATA & AI PROJECTS IN THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY
We have used our experience from over 1.000 projects in the last 8 years to develop a holistic system for Data & AI projects – our Data Journey. A comprehensive Data Strategy forms the basis and the framework for generating added value from Data–what we refer to as Data2Value. Our Data Lab is all about speed! Their main goal is to test Use Cases as quickly as possible – from the concept phase to the prototype using real Data. In the Data Factory, Use Cases are industrialized into finished products. The absolute main focus is on scaling and the sustainable generation of added value – as such, the user is just as much the focus here as well. In our DataOps we continuously operate and maintain your platforms and Machine Learning algorithms.
Since our foundation, our Data & AI experts have successfully implemented numerous projects in the automotive industry. Read some of our references on AI in the automotive industry.
PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE @MAN
- Prevention of 92% of all injector failures
- Reduction of warranty costs
- Reduced penalties and securing of follow-up orders
- Customer retention through innovative services
- Development of new, Data-driven business models
- Increase customer satisfaction
PREDICTIVE CAR MAINTENANCE
- Reduction of warranty costs by over 50%
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Prevention of costly recall actions
- Interactive tool for analyzing customer loyalty and upselling potential
- Success of customer campaigns is made measurable
- Effort reduction through automation
- Transparency in the sales process through intuitive visualization with D3.js and HTML5
- Presentation of potential for optimization in the client’s fleet with direct calculation of the ROI
- Display of the probability of change, reliability of existing fleet as well as historical transactions
ERROR DETECTION FOR PAINTING ROBOTS
- Two defect images can be identified with very high accuracy
- The software manufacturer has the appropriate instructions for the implementation
- Successful presentation of the error detection component to the manufacturer
OPPORTUNITIES OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
New Business Models
Tap into new demographics and revenue sources using digital products and distribution channels.
Increase Customer Loyalty
Create sustainable customer experiences with Data-driven solutions to help retain long-term clients.
Conserve resources in all areas with the help of process automation.
POTENTIALS & OPPORTUNITIES FOR AI IN THE
Artificial Intelligence can be used to optimize automotive production across the entire value chain. AI and Data Science methods are already being put to use in many areas. For example, speech recognition systems in cars are based on Natural Language Programming (NLP) – an important branch of AI, while navigation are being optimized with the support of adaptive intelligent algorithms. Many driver assistance systems as well as certain other additional functions, such as course calculation for the automatic adjustment of headlights, are based in part on Image Data Evaluation / Object Recognition.
Networked production and predictive maintenance play an increasingly important role in vehicle production. Highly complex processes such as autonomous driving are the supreme discipline of Artificial Intelligence. In principle, the use of AI in the automotive industry can lead to major efficiency and earnings boosts in all areas. The use of digital assistants and chatbots helps to save resources and reduce costs. Long-term customer loyalty can be strengthened with the help of personalized, Data-driven services and offers.
AREAS OF APPLICATION FOR BIG DATA IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
The use of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data is already having a massive impact on the automotive industry. In the following we will introduce you to just a few of the fields in which Artificial Intelligence is already being put to good use by automotive manufacturers, suppliers and dealers.
Digitization of the entire production process with a move towards Smart Factories in order to optimize processes and increase efficiency.
Identify customers at risk of churning in advance and retain them with custom targeted approaches and offers.
Optimize the customer experience by using virtual assistants and digital robots in client communication.
Prevent breakdown of machines and vehicles ahead of time with the help of anticipatory maintenance methods.
Networked cars offer the customer increased comfort, service and safety while also serving as the basis for new mobility concepts.
The dream of self-driving cars is fast approaching thanks to the application of Artificial Intelligence.