- A German car manufacturer wants to create transparency about its data objects and their relationship to each other and display them in a so-called data map.
- The data is to be mapped in a data catalogue in order to also make it available more quickly and thus increase the usefulness of the data.
- In order to capture the requirements of potential users of a data catalogue, interviews were conducted with about 15 stakeholders and their requirements were analysed on the basis of user stories and personas.
- Subsequently, the collected requirements were evaluated and prioritised together with the stakeholders.
- Furthermore, a shortlist of potential data catalogue tools was drawn up and a list of functional and non-functional evaluation criteria and their weighting was developed.
- Based on the shortlist and the evaluation criteria, the Data Catalog tools were assessed as follows
- Stakeholder requirements were analysed in user stories and taken into account in the functional evaluation criteria
- A total of four potential Data Catalog tools were examined and evaluated on the basis of 100 criteria
- Selection of a data catalogue for testing within the framework of a proof of concept, possibly downstream PoC of a further tool.
Are you interested in your own use cases?