- The planning of infrastructure restrictions such as construction sites or slow lanes is highly complex
- An estimate of the impact on punctuality is at best only very roughly possible
- The simulation tool PRISM - as the Digital Twin of rail transport - is to be adapted in such a way that an evaluation of these constraints is made possible with regard to overall punctuality effects
- Using the example of slow speed sections (LA), suitable comparison and simulation scenarios were defined in which LAs identified in advance as critical can be "switched on and off".
- Based on the scenarios, a large number of simulations were carried out and in order to evaluate the on/off effect
- The robustness of the results was ensured by means of statistical criteria
- Critical slow speed sections could be assessed with regard to their punctuality influences
- A framework for assessing general infrastructure constraints based on PRISM is available
Are you interested in your own use cases?