Study Machine Learning / Deep Learning
Expert: Simon Decker
Length: 60 pages
Format: PDF, Download
Customers who trust us
The pressure to innovate is on the departments
The "BILD-Zeitung" trembles with reference to Tesla boss Elon Musk about "the greatest risk for civilisation", the news magazine "Spiegel" warns that God does not need a teacher - artificial intelligence (AI) is making headlines in the press. In contrast, the experts from various IT providers who met in the COMPUTERWOCHE editorial office in mid-December took a more objective view. The following conclusions emerged from their lively discussion:
- The acceptance of AI / ML does not depend on the size of the company
- Many companies do not know where to start with AI / ML
- Companies discover process mining
- Even algorithms have limits
- AI leads to the battle of the decision-makers
- AI and ML only work according to an interdisciplinary team approach
- Germany has a good starting position, but needs a cultural change
In order to exploit the potential of artificial intelligence and machine learning, Germany needs a cultural change. Not easy in a country where many decision-makers still have reservations about new ideas.
Read more in our white paper. For you to download free of charge.
Table of contents
The key findings at a glance
The Key Findings
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning are high on the agenda
- Larger companies in particular are already using AI applications
- Technology is available - there is a need to catch up in terms of know-how
- Speech recognition, assistance systems and planning tools are most used AI methods
- Machine learning should primarily optimise internal processes
- Companies classify cyber attacks using AI systems as a risk
- Benefits of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: The winner is - the IT department!
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning are disruptive technologies
- Machine Learning stays in-house
- Price, trust and good cooperation determine the choice of service provider for machine learning
Further study results
- Machine learning is primarily considered for use in logistics and manufacturing
- Majority of companies can envisage storing AI data in the cloud
- Selective use of AI and ML dominates
- Majority of IT platforms support artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Open source dominates machine learning modules
- Companies source machine learning solutions from different sources
- Scalability, operating costs and price are the most important criteria of a machine learning solution
- CIOs and IT managers "wear the hat" when it comes to machine learning
- Transaction and address data are used most frequently
- High demand for experience and best practices
A look into the future - Machine learning and AI are top issues for all companies
Simon Decker | New Business Development | Alexander Thamm GmbH
Our AI and Data Science white papers:
Experience from over 1,300 customer projects
Dive into the world of AI and data science and take advantage of the free download of our whitepapers.
In each of our AI and Data Science whitepapers, you will learn by way of example which resources projects in the field of Data & AI require and how the Alexander Thamm GmbH You as a partner in the Planning, creation, implementation and maintenance of data-driven processes and products and creates added value for your company.
Enjoy reading and be inspired!