Data Engineering Trainee Programme
In data science projects, the data engineer plays an increasingly important role alongside the data scientist. They are responsible for setting up big data platforms, selecting suitable technologies, implementing use cases and much more. That's why we have been training data engineers ourselves since the beginning of 2018 as part of our 12-month Data Engineering Trainee Programme.
Our Data Engineering Trainee Programme offers
- Getting to know our Data compass and all four areas of our company: Business Processes, Data Intelligence, Predictive Analytics and Insights Visualisation.
- Acquiring professional know-how through a combination of theory and practice
- Collaboration on a variety of different tasks and projects as a permanent team member
- Supervision by experienced professionals who individually support and challenge our trainees
- Numerous internal and external trainings tailored to the individual needs of the trainees such as SQL, Python, AWS, Azure and Spark
- Personal mentor for each Data Engineering Trainee
- Trainee regulars' table and exchange opportunities across all levels of the company
- Helping to shape the Data Engineering Trainee Programme through regular feedback
- Personal development plan for each Data Engineering Trainee
- Permanent employment and excellent promotion prospects following the Data Engineering Trainee Programme
- Steep learning and development curve through our diverse training opportunities
Your tools for a steep learning curve
Training on the job
The exchange with experienced colleagues, open and constructive feedback, use of our internal library.
Regular internal and external training helps you to expand your skills and develop yourself further
10% of your working time are available for independent work on internal AT projects and your personal self-study
What you should bring with you for our Data Engineering Trainee Programme
- Completed university studies in (business) informatics or a comparable qualification
- Very good knowledge of at least one common programming language such as Java, Scala or Python, as well as basics in Apache Spark are desirable
- Enthusiasm for data architectures and Big Data
- Good analytical understanding
- Strong pragmatism and structured approach
- Knowledge of agile project management (especially Scrum)
- Enjoy project-based, customer-oriented work and have a hands-on personality
- Desire to work in a team, creativity and the will to drive innovations forward
- Business fluent in German and English
Further benefits of our Data Engineering Trainee Programme
Teamwork is written in capital letters at [at]!
From day one, we welcome you as a permanent member of our team
Experienced staff support you with questions and your development
Daily routine of a Data Engineering Trainee
On this page, we would like to give you an insight into the activities of the trainee programme. Our Data Engineering Trainee Markus Appel describes what a typical working day of our Data Engineering Trainees looks like and what tasks he takes on.
"After lunch, there's time for a game of table football with your colleagues - the revenge is on the cards 😉 "
"The trainee programme has given me the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in many
different projects. Here I was able to
learn a lot from the experienced colleagues and constantly develop myself."
Xaver - Data Engineer
"The tasks of the Data Engineer Trainee grow with every day: the higher your own willingness to learn and interest in the topics, the more experience you can gain in the shortest time.
One thing is guaranteed, both in hands-on projects with helpful and warm-hearted colleagues, as well as in self-selected topics in independent work: It never gets boring!"
Markus - Data Engineering Trainee
Then get more information about the trainee programme from our brochure or apply directly to us. We look forward to receiving your application.