A database administrator is responsible for maintaining a database to ensure that it is available and functioning properly for users and that the data has integrity. He serves as a contact person when someone wants to access data in the database.
- All types of relational and non-relational Databasese.g. SQL databases, MongoDB, Neo4J, etc.
- Hadoop and related technologies, e.g. Hive and Pig
- Knowledge of data processing tools, e.g. Spark
- Implementation and maintenance of all types of database systems
- Knowledge of cloud technologies