Data Engineering Trainings
Big data is becoming increasingly relevant in the business environment. We show which tasks and problems a data engineer solves in his everyday work and how you can get started in this field yourself. Here is a small insight into the activities of our data engineers:
- Building data lakes and end-to-end data pipelines, including large-scale production systems to integrate different data sources.
- Preparation and processing of data for transfer into machine learning solutions
- Supporting Data Scientists with self-developed tools for the efficient handling of large and/or complex data sets
- Preparing delivery solutions for on-premise, cloud and hybrid infrastructures
- Is involved in the following phases: Prototype, pilot and production
You can also gain initial experience in certain technologies and specialise further. Possible contents for this could be:
- CI/CD - Continuous Delivery/Deployment and Continuous Integration enable faster and reliable software delivery, mainly through automation.
- Spark - Open source engine for fast data retrieval with large data sets
- Docker - Free software for isolating applications with container virtualisation
Managing Data Engineer
Samir Wafa works as a Managing Data Engineer at AT GmbH. He is mainly involved in software architecture, software design, software engineering, full-stack development, microservices and REST.
Senior Expert Data Engineer
Andreas Weber is a Senior Expert Data Engineer at Alexander Thamm GmbH. His technical focus is on data engineering, design and implementation of ETL/ELT pipelines on cluster architectures and container technologies (Docker, Swam, Kubernets).
Dr Carsten Dittmar
Partner & Area Director
Dr. Carsten Dittmar offers over 20 years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data & Analytics as an executive, analyst and consultant. His consulting focus is on strategy, governance and architecture consulting in data-driven transformation programmes and initiatives. He is a well-known author and speaker in the community and one of the European TDWI Fellows.
Head of Technology
Simon is Head of Technology at Alexander Thamm GmbH. There he advises customers on building data platforms and supports them in implementing data pipelines. He has been intensively following the Apache Spark project since version 0.9 and has already held several training courses and lectures on this technology.
Marcin Wojtyczka is a data architect with more than 10 years of experience in developing Big Data and DWH solutions with a strong software engineering background. He has extensive experience with large cloud providers and on-premise infrastructures and is a proponent of modern agile development methodologies.
Frequently Asked Questions